Every family will install curtains, and a suitable “coat” can reflect the taste and style of the owner, beautify the living room, and create a warm home environment. Today, curtains have become a household item for both home function and decoration. Next, the editor will introduce to you the cleaning methods and maintenance skills of several different material curtains.
Cotton and linen curtains
Cotton and linen curtains can be put directly into the In the washing machine, in addition to using laundry detergent, it is best to add fabric softener when washing, which can make the curtains more supple and smooth after washing; for fabrics that are easy to shrink, they should be dry-cleaned.
Velvet curtains are easier to vacuum. Before cleaning, you can shake the curtains with your hands first, so that the dust on the surface will fall off naturally , and then soak in water containing detergent for about 15 minutes. It is best not to wash the velvet curtains with a washing machine. It is recommended to lightly filter the water with your hands.
Lace curtains cannot be cleaned vigorously. Swipe with a soft brush to remove dust on the surface.
The blinds can be cleaned directly, just spray an appropriate amount of water on the blinds, and then dry them with a rag. If the blinds are very dirty, they can be cleaned with a damp cloth dampened with detergent. Because of the material and paint, the blinds are easy to fade, so be careful not to expose them to the sun.
Roller blinds are more difficult to disassemble, when cleaning First use a brush to remove the dust, and then wipe it gently with a soft cloth; then spray some polish to keep the roller blind clean for a long time.
Put the shading cloth in the washing machine immediately to wash it. Because this will wash the coating of the blackout cloth into spots. The best way is to take a damp cloth or put some soapy water and wipe it directly.
Curtain maintenance tips
1. For canvas curtains, it is best Just wipe it with a sponge dampened with warm water and soap solution, and roll it up after it dries.
2. When cleaning velvet fabrics, you can soak the curtains in a neutral cleaning solution first, and then press them with your hands; damage.
3. It is best to clean the curtains once every six months; ordinary fabrics can be scrubbed with a damp cloth, and fabrics that are easy to shrink should be dry-cleaned as much as possible.
4. When cleaning any curtains, be sure to check whether the pendants and accessories on the curtains are removed, so as not to damage the fabric of the curtains.
5. After the curtains are cleaned, try not to dehydrate or dry them. They should be air-dried naturally to avoid damaging their texture; for curtains made of special materials, it is best to send them to a dry cleaner for washing to prevent deformation.
The decorative effect and shading effect of the curtains make it a must-have accessory for every home, but the curtains will inevitably get dust after hanging for a long time Not every kind of pollution that looks huge can still go into the washing machine. Therefore, everyone should understand the cleaning methods of various curtains, so that the curtains can always be kept bright and beautiful.