When it comes to cleaning at home, people will have a headache how to clean the curtains. The curtains are large and heavy, which is very difficult to clean, and many people do not clean them for several years. But the curtains are decorations for the shelter of our home, we need to clean them in time, so as to ensure the health of the family and the environment of the home. Today, the editor will tell you how to clean the curtains in your home!
1. How to wash the curtains
1. Facing the giant curtain, How do I wash it without a washing machine? For daily cleaning, you can use a vacuum cleaner, a garment steamer, etc. Of course, if it’s too dirty, you can’t avoid washing it with water.
2. When washing with water, you can soak it with laundry detergent (note that the curtains that cannot enter the washing machine must use neutral laundry detergent), and then take it out and rub the local dirty parts.
3. For other places, you can put them on the ground and step on them with your feet, or you can buy a laundry stick and beat them against the curtains–compared to the fact that the curtains are too big, rubbing the whole thing with your hands is too much. tired.
4. Window lintels and curtains (especially with lace) soak the lace curtains with clean water, and then wash them with warm water with soda added. Mix half a bucket of water with 10 grams of soda, and then wash them with warm washing powder water Or wash twice with soapy water. Rub gently when washing, and finally rinse with water. To dry it should be placed on a clean table and allowed to dry, or placed on a frame to dry. When drying, the laundry needs to be sorted out, positioned with thumbtacks, and finally ironed with an iron.
5. Use a soft bristle brush to gently wipe the drawstring of the curtain. If the curtains are dirty, you can use a rag to soak some detergent dissolved in warm water, or wipe it with a little ammonia solution. Some parts are bonded with glue. Be careful not to let water into these parts. Some higher-grade finished curtains can be waterproof, so you don’t need to be careful with water.
Second, precautions for washing curtains
1. If you want to be clean, wash the curtains twice a year! For curtains with long fluff, it is recommended to wash them twice a year, and for ordinary cotton curtains, it is recommended to wash them once a year. After cleaning, do not dry directly in the washing machine, please simply dehydrate. When it is dry without dripping, take it out and hang it up, and let it dry naturally. After cleaning, such curtains will still have the original texture, original color, and original size.
2. When cleaning the gauze curtain, do not throw it directly into the washing machine for cleaning. Use a “special cleaning mesh bag for curtains” to pack and tie it, then put it in the washing machine for cleaning, and wash it with mild laundry detergent. Wash the curtains by hand? Washing by hand may even strain the lines of the sheer curtain.
3. Do not throw the curtains with lace beads directly into the washing machine for cleaning. Use a “special cleaning mesh bag for curtains” ;After installing and tying, put it in the washing machine and wash it with mild laundry detergent.
4. If there is a water wave curtain head or an independent curtain head, do not throw it directly into the washing machine for cleaning. Cover the Velcro on the curtain head with a cloth seal, screw it tightly, and use &ldquo “Special cleaning mesh bag for curtains” is installed and tied, put it in the washing machine and wash it with mild laundry detergent.
5. Curtains with plush hair such as cut velvet, velvet, and Italian velvet, as well as embroidered curtains, pure cotton curtains, and some imported high-end complex craft and fabric curtains, please do not directly Throw it into your own washing machine for cleaning. Please pack it and send it to a professional dry cleaner for cleaning.
6. Soaking will get twice the result with half the effort. Choose the right detergent. Before formal washing, it is recommended that you soak the curtains in the bathtub for a while. There are also many tips in this process: according to the material and thickness of the curtains, the soaking time is generally between 15 and 60 minutes. Curtains made of linen are generally soaked for more than 1 hour when washing because of their heavy weight. “When soaking in warm water with a little salt, the soaking time of the curtains can be greatly shortened and the curtains can be washed more conveniently and quickly, and the curtains can also be kept bright in color. ”
The above is the curtain cleaning shared by the editor. The curtain cleaning is very tiring, but for the cleanliness of the family’s living space, we It still needs to be cleaned. In order to solve everyone’s troubles, today the editor will share with you. The editor will bring you some methods that can make it easy for you to clean the curtains. I hope you will like it and help you.