The living room is an important place for family gatherings and a place for receiving guests, which has strong emotional needs. Therefore, the decoration of the living room has very high requirements in terms of decorative effect. After all, the decoration of the living room shows the owner’s life taste. Curtains, as an important part of living room decoration, cannot be ignored when choosing, after all, curtains play an unusual role. Speaking of it, curtains are like wearing clothes. When choosing, you should pay attention to the solemnity of the style. In addition to comfort, there are also many requirements for colors and patterns. So, what style of curtains to use for the living room windows, and how to choose the living room curtains?
What kind of curtains to use for the living room windows Style curtains
1. Fabric curtains
Cloth curtains can be divided into printed fabrics, dyed fabrics, yarn-dyed fabrics, jacquard fabrics, etc. according to their fabrics and processes. Cloth: Printing colors and patterns on the plain gray cloth by means of transfer or garden net is called dyed cloth. Its characteristics are bright colors, rich and delicate patterns. The fabric texture of fabric curtain color has pure cotton, linen, polyester, and real silk, and it can also be woven from concentrated raw materials. Cotton fabrics are soft and feel good; hemp fabrics have a good drape and a strong sense of texture; silk fabrics are noble and gorgeous, and they are made of 100% natural silk. Its natural, rough, elegant, and strong sense of hierarchy became the most fashionable product in 2003; the polyester fabric is scratchy, bright in color, does not fade, and does not shrink.
2. Plastic-aluminum blinds
In the traditional concept, blinds are only suitable for living room, not for furnishing. Many families have begun to have a soft spot for blinds. Venetian blinds have good shading effect and strong ventilation, but the effect of blocking mosquitoes and flies is not as good as fabric gauze curtains. Therefore, the shutters are more suitable to be installed in the kitchen of the home, and the oil stains can be washed off with water. In order to meet the needs of home furnishing, there are more colors of shutters on the market, and they are no longer all white.
3. Wooden curtains
Many people are pursuing a feeling of returning to nature. Wooden curtains have become a fashion. There are several kinds of bamboo weaving, reed weaving and rattan weaving. The wooden woven curtain can show the style and taste in the home. It is basically opaque but has good air permeability. It is suitable for pure natural style home. The wood of the wooden woven curtain is very particular. It is an imported pull It is made of sensitive wood, so the price is on the high side, 200 to 300 yuan per square meter. There are many imitations in the wood weaving market. This kind of imitation wood weaving curtain is made of domestic poplar, the middle stick is not straight, and there are obvious blemishes and black hairs on it. Real wood woven shade sticks are stiff and straight with a smooth finish.
4. Bamboo curtains and reed curtains
They are very decorative, but they are less effective as curtains. They are more suitable for displaying in simple and cultural homes. On one wall, various pendants are displayed on it. It should be noted that bamboo curtains are prone to mold and reed curtains are prone to insects, so these two kinds of curtains are mostly hung outdoors in foreign countries. But they are expensive, and if they grow mold and insects after a year of use, they can be replaced.
5. Rattan curtain
Among all kinds of wooden curtains, it is a more aristocratic product. It is made of bamboo skin. Good for summer use. When cleaning the above various wooden woven curtains, you only need to use a vacuum cleaner to suck off the dust. All kinds of wooden curtains are not so much curtains as they are home style decorations. The rough and back-to-basics style is popular in home decoration, so various wooden curtains have become the most fashionable home accessories at present. However, wooden curtains generally have poor shading performance when used at night, and a layer of fabric curtains must be added outside. These limitations determine that fabric curtains will still lead the trend of curtains in the future. No matter when the window coverings or fabrics are, they will only be updated in type and material to make them more functional and decorative.
How to choose living room curtains
1. Choose the one that is easy to use and install. If you want to create a romantic atmosphere in the living room, you can choose light transmission Or semi-transparent organ curtains; silky roller blinds are a good choice to let in the beautiful scenery outside the window; and the artistic conception of vertical curtains hanging down to the bottom is also a good choice.
2. In terms of color: it should be in harmony with the color of the overall room and furniture. Generally, the color of the curtains in the living room should be darker than the wall, such as the light yellow wall. You can choose yellow or light brown curtains; light blue walls can choose brown or white and blue curtains.
3. In terms of patterns: the pattern of curtains also has a great influence on the indoor atmosphere. The fresh and bright rural scenery makes people feel back to nature; the bright and colorful geometric figures give people a sense of majesty and atmosphere. , Exquisite and delicate traditional patterns give people a sense of classical and gorgeous.
4. Pay attention to the use of thick curtains, because thick curtains have a more significant effect on forming a unique indoor environment and reducing external interference. When purchasing thick curtains, it is ideal to choose curtains made of materials such as corduroy, woolen fabric, gold velvet and woolen fabric.
The above is a specific introduction to “what style of curtains to use for living room windows and how to choose living room curtains”. Larger curtains are relatively more seductive. It has higher color requirements than ordinary curtains. For example, it is better to use light brown or yellow curtains on light yellow walls, while white curtains are more casual, so they can be widely used. Choosing dark curtains in a spacious living room can reduce the feeling of loneliness and emptiness. These are the wonderful effects that color matching can produce.