- Main functions: heat insulation, block ultraviolet rays, adjust lighting
- Structural composition: motor, controller, pulley, belt
- Classification of electric curtains:
The installation can be divided into built-in and external. The built-in electric curtain cannot see the motor, and only the track is seen from the surface; in the external type, as the name suggests, the motor is exposed outside.
According to the different operating mechanisms and decorative effects, it is divided into electric opening and closing curtains, electric lifting curtains, electric ceiling curtains (outdoor electric canopies and indoor electric ceilings), electric sun visors, electric awnings, electric roller blinds, electric blinds, outdoor Venetian blinds, hollow Venetian blinds, complete or semi-shading guide rail roller blinds, etc.
Electric curtain motor classification: Electric curtain system includes a track, control, and decorative curtain.
Currently, indoor electric curtains are mainly electric opening and closing, and lifting curtains.
The electric opening and closing curtain system includes a track system, a control system, and a decorative curtain. At present, the driving methods used by the track system include DC motor drive, AC motor drive, and electromagnetic drive. DC motors generally use built-in or external power transformers. Still, the driving power is generally small, the curtains that can be loaded are light, the noise is relatively small, and the control circuit is relatively complex. The AC motor drive mode can directly use the 220V power supply, the control circuit is simple, the driving power is large, and it can load heavy curtains.
The motor selected by the electric lifting curtain mechanism is divided into a DC tubular motor and an AC tubular motor. The DC tubular motor is powered by a transformer (12-24V), the driving power is small, the loadable curtain is small and light, and its control circuit is relatively complicated. The AC tubular motor control circuit is simple, the driving power is large, and the floor-to-ceiling glass wall of the office and exhibition hall of the office building with a heavy load; the lobby of the hotel and hotel club; the study room, children’s room, activity room, etc. windows.
- The working principle of electric curtains:
1) Core components:
Motor. The main working principle of electric curtains is to drive the curtains to move back and forth along the track through a motor or to rotate the blinds through a set of mechanical devices and control the forward and reverse rotation of the motor. The core of which is the motor. There are many brands and types of motors on the market, but in the end, there are only two categories: AC motors and DC motors. The drive modes adopted by the product track system include DC motor drive, AC motor drive, and electromagnetic drive.
DC motors generally use built-in or external power transformers, which are safe and have low energy consumption, and the motor does not heat up for a long time, which is an international standard. And the driving power is generally large, the curtain that can be loaded can reach 40-100 kg, the noise is relatively small, especially after the load is smaller than the idling sound, and its control circuit is relatively simple; generally, it is a built-in receiver, no need to separate external receiver. The AC motor drive can directly use the 220V power supply; the control circuit is more complicated, generally requires an external receiver, and is unsafe; although the driving power is large, the motor is easy to heat up and affect the service life.
2) Curtain switch:
A curtain switch (curtain controller) is required in addition to the curtain motor to achieve automatic curtain control. The wireless curtain switch can directly replace the traditional switch for installation without wiring. The connected AC220V voltage can control the forward and reverse rotation of the AC curtain motor. The terminal “L” is connected to the live wire of the 220V power line; the terminal “N” is connected to the neutral wire of the 220V power line; For the forward and reverse rotation of the motor, the output terminal “L” terminal is connected to the motor’s forward rotation phase; the output terminal “N” terminal is connected to the motor reverse phase.
Each curtain switch has a series of individual codes and is wirelessly connected to the smart gateway. The gateway is connected to the router at home through a wired connection. As long as you download the smart home APP on your mobile phone, you can remotely control the curtains through your mobile phone.
For example, at noon on a hot summer day, when you are going to go home from work, you can use your mobile phone to close all the curtains in your home in advance and turn on the indoor air conditioner in advance (with a smart socket), so that you can enjoy a comfortable temperature when you go home. . You can also manually pull the curtains, apply a little force. The curtains will be fully closed and fully opened by themselves.
3) Motor settings:
To adjust the motor’s stroke, the length of the user’s window is different, which adjusts the running range of the curtain motor on the track (the blinds generally rotate 90 degrees). For the specific adjustment method, refer to the motor manufacturer’s manual.
- Control of electric curtains:
Implementation method: The curtain controller should be selected to realize automatic curtain control. The output AC220V voltage can control the forward and reverse rotation of the AC curtain motor. Pay attention to the wiring process not to make mistakes. The terminal “L” is connected to the live wire of the 220V power line; the terminal “N” is connected to the neutral wire of the 220V power line; the output terminal “1” terminal is connected to the forward phase of the motor; the output terminal “2” terminal is connected to the motor reverse phase. To adjust the motor’s stroke, the length of the user’s window is different, which adjusts the running range of the curtain motor on the track (the shutter generally rotates 90 degrees). Please refer to the motor manufacturer’s manual for the specific adjustment method. The following job is to set the address according to your needs so that you can control the curtains through various transmitters—for example, mini controller, wireless series, remote telephone controller, computer control, etc.
There are three main control methods for electric curtains:
1) Timing control: Set the switching time on the main controller; when the opening time is up, the curtains are slowly opened, and when the closing time is up, the curtains are automatically closed. If you need to open or close it temporarily, just press the “Open” or “Close” button lightly;
2) Wireless control: The semi-automatic manual control is that when opening or closing the curtain, after pressing the “forward” or “reverse” button, the curtain will automatically stop in place, or you can press the “stop button” at any time, and the curtain will automatically stop;
3) Intelligent linkage control: the opening or closing of the curtains is automatically controlled by the main controller by testing the brightness of the environment. “Close at night, open at dawn” has an intelligent management method, or when the intelligent system interface presses the theater mode, Curtains will also be linked together to close, no malfunction occurs;
4) Infrared control: Use the infrared remote control to control the opening or closing of the window directly. The forward rotation, reverse rotation, and stop of the motor are performed by manual control. There are many DC curtain motors on the market now. If the curtain controller is directly connected to the DC motor, the result will burn out the motor. Therefore, for the DC curtain motor, it is necessary to add two relays. When purchasing, pay attention to the fact that the output end of the curtain controller is AC220V, and the relay’s coil must be AC220V; otherwise, it will burn out.
In summary, electric curtains can not only be automated through infrared, radio remote control, or timing control but also can use electronic sensors such as sunlight, temperature, and wind to realize the intelligent operation of products. Linked with the smart home system, intelligently control the opening and closing through different home scenarios to create different atmospheres.
- The main functions of electric curtains
- Curtains of oversized windows, such as sunroom and large living room, can be easily opened and closed.
- Curtains on the ceiling and high walls need not be moved effortlessly.
*The metal shutters of the patio doors are automatically closed according to the requirements of home security monitoring.
*When you do not go home at night, you can close the curtains at home to block the dust through the remote phone control.
*The bathroom curtain can be closed remotely in the bedroom before entering the bathroom of the master bedroom.
- It can automatically close or the curtains in some rooms when the owner enters the home and disarms the leaving home mode.
- It can automatically close the electric doors and windows of the terrace, sunroom, or other rooms when the owner is away from home without checking them. The above curtains can be automatically opened when the owner enters the home and disarms the leaving home mode.
- It can be set to automatically close the smart curtains in all rooms to block dust when the owner leaves home to arm, without having to operate them one by one.
*The remote control or switch can realize single curtain control, group curtain control, and simultaneously open or close all the electric curtains in the home.
*Control by switch–on any five-button switch (light switch also works). Usually, a switch is specially designed at the head of the bed.
Wireless control with remote control — no matter where the user is or the curtains are, the curtains can be controlled wirelessly.
- Electric curtains can be automatically opened at a specified time, such as 7:00 in the morning, and automatically closed at 7:00 p.m. It is dustproof, sunscreen, and windproof.
*It can automatically close the curtains with home theater lighting, family party, etc. It can automatically open the electric curtains when the courtyard landscape lighting mode is activated.
*When playing the home theater in the audio-visual room, one remote control button can let you and your friends enter the audio-visual world created by automatic lighting, automatic electric screen, automatic closing curtains, automatic opening of TV, VCD, projection, and other equipment.
- Features of electric curtain system
(1) Applicability: It has a variety of opening and closing speeds of different gears, and different speeds can be selected for different occasions. In the event of a power failure, the system can be manually turned on and off. At the same time, it can be used in a wide range: it can be used in the living room, bedroom, etc. Meeting rooms, villas, etc., with large windows, will not appear low-end. Whether a floor-to-ceiling window or a general window, electric curtains can be installed and are widely used.
(2) Safety: The curtain drive equipment is equipped with a reliable safety fortification protection device, and users can use it confidently. And it has a long service life, using more durable aluminum and other rail rods to ensure safety and firmness; the sports crawler with wire inserted can achieve a service life of more than 10 years. During the daily opening and closing process, it can automatically stop if there is any obstacle, which plays a better protective role.
(3) Optional: On the one hand, there are many choices of curtain materials: there are various choices of fabric curtain materials, whether it is pure cotton, linen, polyester, or other commonly used materials, they can be installed on electric curtains, and the overall effect is the same as that of manual curtains. Same as curtains. On the other hand, the operation mode can also be selected: you can use the remote control or button to control the curtain opening and closing, or you can use the manual operation to meet the switching between the two modes. If you want to control multiple curtains simultaneously, there is also a group control function option, which is very flexible and convenient.
(4) Compatibility: The system has manual, intelligent wire-controlled buttons and remote control. When the curtain is fully opened or closed, the driver can stop working in time. New technology has arisen. Since its inception, linear motor technology has received extensive attention from all walks of life and has rapidly changed people’s views on traditional things with its technical characteristics.
(5) Intelligent: The system timing controller can be set to turn on and off multiple times within 24 hours automatically. If you go out, the system will automatically open and close the curtains simultaneously every day according to your habits to ensure safety.
In addition, the system equipment can control different curtain systems individually or simultaneously by setting the system’s special remote control and special location code receiver together.