Curtains are a necessary part of home decoration. When choosing curtains, you need to look at the type you like, and at the same time choose the right material and brand. Curtains also need to know how to clean them in daily life. In fact, many people think that cleaning curtains is still very troublesome. Is there any good way to solve the problem of curtains cleaning? How to clean curtains? What kind of material is good for curtains? , the following will introduce the relevant content in detail.
How to clean the curtains?
1. Velvet curtains, velvet curtains are delicate, thick, textured, good shading effect, but easy to change shape. In order to prevent the fabric from becoming hard and wrinkled, velvet curtains should be soaked in neutral laundry detergent, washed by hand, lightly pressed, and dried naturally.
2. Flocking curtains, many families use electrostatic flocking curtains, this kind of fabric itself is not easy to get dirty, just clean it once every two months. When cleaning, do not choose machine washing or twisting by hand, as this will damage the surface flocking pattern, just use a sponge dipped in a small amount of alcohol to wipe gently.
3. Blackout cloth and curtains of different materials have different cleaning methods. Do not machine wash, such as shading cloth, otherwise it will make the coating “mottled” and affect the shading effect. Just take a wet rag and dip it in soapy water and wipe it gently.
4. Polyester curtains. Polyester is the most common curtain fabric. It is durable and easy to take care of. You can usually clean it with a damp cloth. If you need to wash it with water, you can put it directly in the washing machine and clean it with neutral detergent.
5. Cotton and linen curtains, cotton and linen are natural materials, environmentally friendly and comfortable, but they are difficult to dry and easy to wrinkle. For single-layer light cotton curtains, hand wash on a gentle cycle and dry with water to prevent wrinkles. For thicker canvas curtains, you can use a sponge dipped in a small amount of soapy water to wipe it; if there are stains on the part, you can also use toothpaste to clean it.
6. Venetian blinds, the blades of the venetian blinds are the easiest to accumulate dust, so they need to be cleaned regularly. Here you might as well try the “lazy cleaning method”. Wrap a wet rag around the iron clip, dip in a small amount of cleaning solution, clip the blade and wipe it back and forth, and you can easily remove dust.
7. Extended information: Curtains are made of yarn, aluminum flakes, cloth, hemp, wood chips, metal materials, etc., and have the functions of sunshade and heat insulation and adjusting indoor light. Cloth curtains are divided into cotton gauze, polyester cloth, polyester-cotton blended, cotton-linen blended, non-woven fabrics, etc. according to the material. Different materials, textures, colors, patterns, etc. are combined to form different styles of cloth curtains. Interior design curtains.
What material is good for curtains?
1. Choice of curtain size: The area of the curtain must be able to cover the window to have a good shading effect. The length of the curtain should be determined according to the specific situation of the window. Floor-to-ceiling windows and long-frame windows need to use floor-to-ceiling curtains; windows with window sills higher than the floor can use floor-to-ceiling curtains or custom-made window sill curtains; larger windows should choose curtains that are wider than the window opening, so as to achieve visual balance Effect.
2. Shading: In summer, the light is strong. In the bedroom, choosing curtain fabrics with strong shading can ensure a good sleep. In the living room and dining room, you can choose thin fabrics with good light transmission.
3. Anti-noise: If you want to get a better sound-absorbing effect, generally speaking, the thicker the curtain, the stronger the sound-absorbing property, such as the curtains of flocking, cotton, linen and other textures.
4. Selection of curtain fabrics: From the material point of view, curtains include cotton, linen, yarn, satin, flocking, bamboo, man-made fibers and so on. Cotton and linen are the most common materials for curtains, which are easy to wash and replace, and are suitable for bedrooms. Sheer curtains are highly decorative, can enhance the depth of the interior space, and have good light transmission. They are generally suitable for use in the living room and balcony. The texture of satin and flocking curtains is very delicate, luxurious and rich, with good shading and sound insulation effects, but the price is relatively high.
5. Choice of curtain color: In the living room, choose warm-colored curtains to set off a warm and warm atmosphere. In the study room, you can choose fresh green curtains to create a natural, quiet and secluded atmosphere. In the bedroom, you can choose a balanced color to bring a soft, comfortable and leisurely visual experience. In a north-facing room with dim light, it is suitable to choose curtains with neutral and cool tones; while in a sunny room with good light, hanging maroon curtains can adjust the strong light into soft astigmatism, highlighting the gentle texture of the room .
The above introduces the problem of how to clean the curtains. You can refer to these cleaning tips. In this way, it will be of certain reference for daily cleaning of curtains. It can also be cleaned quickly, saving a lot of time and energy. What kind of material is good for curtains? You can choose and refer to the curtains of these materials above. It has certain reference value and effect for you to choose curtains. I hope these little common senses can be of reference to you.