The fast-paced life makes people in the city feel tired. If there is no good sound insulation in the room, the fatigue of the whole day will not be relieved. How helpless it is! ! In this case, good sound insulation materials must be selected to improve the mute effect in the room. So what is the best material for soundproof curtains? What are the common methods of sound insulation, let’s understand the relevant issues of sound insulation curtains together.
What material is good for soundproof curtains
1. Flocking curtains are A popular sound-proof curtain on the market. This type of curtain is mainly added with short flocking fibers to allow the curtain to absorb a certain amount of noise. The sound-absorbing effect is not bad. This kind of material is soft in texture and does not contain various decorative formaldehyde. The safest, most effective and popular option for soundproofing curtains on the market today.
2. Chenille curtains are also a kind of sound-proof fabric. This kind of material is made of short fibers and filaments. The curtains contain 70%-75% chenille yarn, so that The softness and aesthetics of the curtain are preserved, and it is a curtain with good aesthetics and sound absorption effect.
3. Fiber material: Compared with the curtains of the previous two materials, fiber curtains have a slightly inferior sound insulation effect. Although the fiber curtains are relatively thick and can play a better role in blocking light, the fiber curtains themselves have many pores and the surface is not smooth enough, so they can neither effectively absorb noise nor reflect sound waves back.
What are the common methods of sound insulation
1. Paste the window sound insulation film: the sound insulation film is a multi-layer structure, made of polyvinyl butyral (PVB ) layers sandwich the sound-dampening resin. Microparticles having a heat-shielding effect (heat-shielding microparticles) are evenly distributed throughout the interlayer film. Window sound insulation film is relatively cheap, and its usage is the same as that of mobile phone film.
2. Install window soundproof sealing strips: soundproof sealing strips are only effective for poorly sealed windows, and the price is also very cheap, but it must be determined whether the lack of sound insulation is caused by the large gaps in the windows, otherwise It’s useless to paste it. The sealing strip is to block the gap in the window, which has the same effect as the sound insulation cotton.
3. Add a layer of ordinary plastic-steel windows: This method is suitable for the situation where the outdoor traffic noise is not particularly serious, and if the window sill in the home is relatively wide, you can add a layer on the inside or outside of the original window Ordinary plastic steel window.
4. Add a layer of sound-proof windows: Sound-proof windows are generally composed of double or three layers of the same material or glass with different thicknesses and window frames. The glass used will be thicker than ordinary window glass.
5. Refit windows with soundproof windows: If the window sills in your home are not wide enough, or you feel that the ventilation performance of adding a layer of soundproof windows is not good enough, you can also remove the original windows and replace them with a layer of low-frequency soundproofing window. At present, double-layer hollow windows are mainly used for sound insulation. This method can also play a role in isolating traffic noise to a certain extent, but in terms of sound insulation effect, it is worse than adding a layer of sound-proof windows.
What material is good for soundproof curtains? What are the common methods of sound insulation, choose sound insulation materials to decorate the living room, and avoid serious interference from the outside world, so that we can have a quiet and comfortable living room.