Curtains are an indispensable decoration for home decoration, so people need to buy curtains when decorating their homes, but many people are not very familiar with the fabrics of curtains when purchasing. Understand, it is not clear which kind of curtain fabric is good, which makes them always tangled when choosing curtains. That being the case, the next editor will let everyone know about the knowledge of curtain fabrics and which curtain fabrics are good.
Curtain Fabric Knowledge Encyclopedia
1. Cotton curtains are natural The material is then woven from natural cotton, which makes it water-absorbent and breathable and feels great, and the dyed color is also very bright. Its disadvantage is that it is easy to shrink, and the fabric itself is not resistant to sunlight, especially cotton fabrics are more likely to be damaged than other fabrics for a long time.
2. Curtains made of linen have the natural texture of natural fibers, natural lines and are not easy to dye, which leads to the fact that there are usually few colors available for natural linen. The design of hemp curtains tends to be more natural-style decoration, and sometimes it needs to bring some roughness, such as small fresh style. The disadvantage is that it is difficult to maintain, it needs to be cleaned with alkaline water, and it needs to be gently scrubbed. It must be laid flat to dry and ironed with an iron, otherwise it will easily fade and wrinkle.
3. Nylon is made of chemical materials. In order to enhance the functionality of the fabric, it is usually woven together with other materials. Its characteristics are: the fabric is not easy to wrinkle, mildew, and has enhanced friction resistance. At the same time, it has special functions that natural materials such as not being afraid of insects cannot possess.
4. Man-made fibers are currently widely used in curtain materials. Super functional: such as resistance to sunlight, not easy to deform, friction resistance, good dyeing, it belongs to mixing with other natural materials to enhance function and life.
5. Silk is also a pure natural material, a fabric made from silkworm cocoons. Its characteristics are: silk is bright and beautiful, smooth to the touch, and very luxurious. Shaman is often made of silk. However, pure silk is more expensive, and now there are more mixed silks on the market, which have enhanced functionality, long life, and slightly cheaper prices.
Which curtain fabric is better
1. Cotton fabric is soft and feels good; linen fabric has a good drape and strong texture; silk fabric Noble and gorgeous, it is made of 100% natural silk. Its natural, rough, elegant, and strong layering characteristics became a fashionable product in 2003; the polyester fabric is scratchy, bright in color, and does not fade or shrink.
2. The price of fabric curtains is affected by the texture of the fabric. The prices of cotton, linen, silk, and wool are relatively high, but they are also very popular among consumers. Price is not the main factor influencing consumption, on the contrary, the novelty of color design becomes the primary factor to attract consumers. And some new designs with group flowers and floral patterns are more popular.
3. Curtains made of man-made fibers and synthetic fibers are better than cotton and linen fabrics in terms of shrinkage resistance, fade resistance, and wrinkle resistance, and are suitable for rooms with strong sunlight. However, many modern fabrics are made by blending natural fibers with man-made or synthetic fibers, so they have the best of both worlds.
I believe that after reading the knowledge of curtain fabrics and the introduction of which curtain fabrics are good, you should know how to choose curtain fabrics. I hope that you can choose the one that suits your home decoration when purchasing curtains curtain fabric. But the editor here would like to remind everyone that if you want to buy fashionable and practical curtains, it is not enough to just understand these.