Bay window is a popular decoration method at present. Decorating the window sill of the living room or bedroom into a bay window is practical and beautiful. It is a decoration form that many young people like. Choosing a beautiful curtain for the window will make the bay window more comfortable and beautiful, so what are the best curtains for the bay window?
First, the type of bay window curtain
You You can choose fabric curtains to make the room reflect the characteristics and highlight the artistic taste. The fabric curtains made of fine cotton, linen, silk and wool are more expensive and are favored by consumers. Some European and American design styles of cotton printed or silk fabrics are very popular. The fabric will shrink, so you must ask clearly when purchasing, and leave enough room. Generally, the more formal brand fabrics will reserve the shrinkage height when making curtains, and the size can be released for free. Man-made fiber and synthetic fiber curtains are better than cotton and linen fabrics in terms of shrinkage resistance, fade resistance, and wrinkle resistance, and are suitable for rooms with strong sunlight. Many fabrics today are blends of natural fibers with man-made or synthetic fibers, thus combining the best of both worlds.
Second, the matters needing attention when purchasing bay window curtains
1. The fabric should not be too smooth and shiny, because such fabrics are easy to reflect light and irritate the eyes, which will give people a feeling of lack of family atmosphere.
2. The curtain pattern should not be too trivial. Although it looks good when laid flat, it may no longer be the effect you want after pleating.
3. Do not choose inclined surfaces for curtain patterns, as it is easy to produce inclined visual effects. Large rooms can choose horizontal stripes to form a visual balance.
4. The color of the curtains should not be too close to the color of the wall, as this is not beautiful at all. I was not sure about choosing the color, so I told the clerk the color of the walls and furniture and let them judge.
5. When buying curtains, you may wish to buy more than the normal size, use these leftover materials to make a few pillowcases and cushions, and spread them on the bed and sofa, so that the whole room ” “Soft decoration” will give you a harmonious feeling
6. Wrap some flowers and plants For families with a minimalist decoration style, you can go to the home decoration store to buy some artificial flowers and plants to wrap around the curtain rods, and the atmosphere in the room will be warm Much more vivid. 5
3. Precautions for bay window installation
The accuracy of line drawing positioning is related to the success or failure of curtain installation. First measure the distance between the fixed holes and the size of the required installation track.
2. Install the curtain track
(1) The curtain track can be divided into single, double or three tracks. When the window width is greater than 1200mm, the curtain rail should be disconnected, and the simmering and bending at the disconnection should be staggered, and the simmering and bending should be gentle, and the lap length should not be less than 200mm. Ming curtain box generally installs the track first. Machine screws should be added to heavy curtain rails; rails should be installed on dark curtain rails. The small corners of the heavy curtain track should be densely spaced, and the specification of wood screws should not be less than 30mm.
(2) Install the hoisting clip, rotate the clip 90 degrees to connect with the track, and install the hoisting clip on the top plate with self-tapping screws. If it is a concrete structure, expansion screws need to be added.
3. Install the curtain rod
(1) Correct the connection fixture, install the rod or iron wire, and pull it on the fixture. Make it flat and exactly the same as the elevation of the room.
(2) To install standard curtain track (double track), the base width should generally be above 15CM, and the single track can be reduced according to appropriate circumstances.
4. Adjust the position
For floor-to-ceiling curtains or curtains hanging over the countertop, the width of the window sill should be allowed out when installing the track, so as to avoid being blocked when the curtains droop and appear unsightly.
5. Pay attention to the solid wall surface
It is required not to be hollow, otherwise the veneer is easy to burst when drilling.
The above is some knowledge about the purchase and installation of bay window curtains introduced to you. I hope these contents can help you choose and install suitable bay window curtains.