Everyone knows that curtains are one of the necessary soft furnishings for the home. We use them to shade, protect privacy, and beautify the home. So curtains are not only decorations, showing personal taste, but also practical products. But do you know that the choice of curtains has a great impact on our body? Do you know that curtains contain formaldehyde? Especially in the bedroom, if you choose curtains with excessive formaldehyde for a long time, living for a long time will affect our health. Do you know that cleaning can remove formaldehyde on curtains?
1. These curtains contain formaldehyde
1. Cheap with shading Cloth curtains
If you buy good-quality brand curtains for blackout curtains, it is of course very good, so that you can adjust the light to the darkest when you are resting. Most of the cheap blackout curtains on the market that are twenty or thirty-one square meters use a chemical layer to achieve the blackout effect. There are also some, because there is no high-density process, the rags are crushed and then glued together to achieve a high-density shading effect.
Experts told us: “These curtains are exposed to sunlight during use, and the excess methanol contained in them will be released over time, causing harm to the human body. “Don’t buy this kind of cheap blackout curtain, it will affect your health.”
2. Curtains with too bright colors
In textile production, in order to improve the wrinkle resistance of fabrics, improve Commonly used additives such as artificial resins are often added to fabrics for the waterproof performance, pressure resistance performance, color fastness improvement, and fire resistance performance of textiles, and the resin contains formaldehyde.
In the process of textile printing and finishing (softening finishing, stiffness finishing, anti-wrinkle finishing, etc.), various dyes, auxiliaries, and finishing agents are also added, which are also sources of formaldehyde. The above materials containing formaldehyde will remain after the curtains are treated, and formaldehyde will also be released. Generally speaking, textiles with decorations and coatings will have higher formaldehyde content.
Second, how to clean the curtains
Velvet curtains are easy to deform, so don’t use too much force when cleaning Wring it dry, because it hurts the velvet, you can soak it in a neutral cleaning solution (detergent, hand sanitizer, various washing products for washing babies, etc.), press lightly with your hands, and put the washed curtains on the shelf to dry. Do not use hangers to dry, avoid direct sunlight exposure.
2. Flocking curtains
When cleaning flocking curtains, just use cotton yarn dipped in alcohol or gasoline to wipe it gently. If the velvet is too wet, do not wring it hard to avoid the fluff falling off and affecting the appearance. Use an absorbent dry towel to remove moisture or let it dry naturally, so that the original appearance of the flocking can be maintained.
3. Bamboo curtains and wooden curtains
Bamboo and wooden curtains should be dried in the sun after washing and air-dried It is useless, because it is a bamboo product, the water will be sucked inside, and it is invisible to the naked eye. As for storage, it is better to seal it. For example, you can pack it with plastic tape to squeeze out the air inside. A dry seat will do.
4. Canvas or linen curtains
Canvas or linen curtains are generally thicker and more difficult to clean It is not easy to dry afterwards, so this kind of curtain should not be washed directly in water. You can use a sponge dipped in some warm water, add soap or ammonia solution to clean it, and then roll it up after drying.
5, shading cloth
Do not wash the shading cloth with a washing machine, as it will wash the coating with stars and spots, which is very ugly. The best way is to wipe it directly with a damp cloth , If it is particularly dirty, you can also use some soapy water to clean it.
Second, the choice of curtains
1. Smell: If the product emits a pungent odor, there may be residual formaldehyde, so do not buy it.
2. Pick color: When choosing a color, it is advisable to choose a light color tone, so that the risk of formaldehyde and color fastness exceeding the standard will be smaller.
3. Look at the variety: when purchasing fabrics and curtains that have been shrink-resistant, wrinkle-resistant, soft, flat, etc. Be cautious.
4. Look at the material: Cotton and linen are commonly used materials for curtains, which are easy to wash and replace, and are suitable for bedrooms; gauze curtains are highly decorative, can enhance the sense of depth in the room, and have good light transmission. Suitable for use in living rooms and balconies; satin and flocking curtains are fine in texture, luxurious and gorgeous, and have good shading and sound insulation effects, but the price is relatively high. Bamboo curtains have clear texture, good lighting effects, wear-resistant, moisture-proof, mildew-proof, and do not fade, and are suitable for living rooms and balconies; man-made fiber curtains are hard, easy to wash and durable, and have good shading.
Regulate your mood. If the color of the curtain is too deep, it will make people feel depressed after a long time; if the color is too bright, it will cause visual fatigue and make people feel irritable. Choosing natural and fresh colors such as light green and light blue can make people feel happy; people who are prone to insomnia can try to choose red and black curtains to help them fall asleep as soon as possible.
After reading this article, you know that seemingly inconspicuous curtains and seemingly harmless curtains also contain a lot of formaldehyde? And there is a lot of dust in life. If the curtains are not cleaned for a long time, it will be very bad for the human body. Therefore, whether it is to remove formaldehyde or keep the house clean, the curtains must be cleaned, especially the curtains that have just been bought!