In interior decoration, curtains play the roles of protecting privacy, utilizing light, decorating walls, and absorbing and insulating noise, so they are an important part of home furnishing. When decorating, it is best to complete all the basic decorations at home and install them after cleaning, otherwise other decorations will make the originally beautiful curtains dirty and increase the cost of secondary cleaning.
How to choose curtains, let’s take a look.
Selection of living room curtains
The living room is the most frequently used in people’s daily life. Its functions are relaxation, games, entertainment, dining, etc. Wait. As the center of the house, the living room deserves more attention. Therefore, the choice of curtains in the living room should be able to bring people a relaxed and happy mood, and get rid of stress and depression.
1. Design style. The choice of curtains, design style is the first requirement. That is to say, all elements of curtains must first match the style of the interior. At this point, more interior designers can be consulted so that the curtain design can be adapted to the interior design style.
2. Matching of suits. The main color of the curtains should be compatible with the main color of the room. Complementary colors or similar colors are allowed, but extreme contrast between cold and warm is a taboo. You can choose plain curtains for modern design; light grain curtains for elegant design; small grain curtains for rural style; plain or large flower curtains for luxurious design.
3. Selection of material. If it is a larger living room, it is appropriate to use floor-to-ceiling fabric curtains with sand, no need for blackout cloth, and curtains can be added. Smaller living rooms can use opaque roller blinds, cloth blinds and day and night curtains. From the material, it can match the area of the living room.
Selection of bedroom curtains
The bedroom is the main place for people to rest. The layout of the bedroom directly affects people’s life, work and study. Therefore, the selection of bedroom curtains is also one of the key points of home decoration.
In addition to following the principle of consistent design style and color matching like the living room, the selection of bedroom curtains should also pay attention to the following points.
1. Keep it private. It is advisable to choose medium-thick opaque fabrics, such as fancy weave cotton, nylon and its blended fabrics, and scrims; smooth surface fabrics, such as polished calico, polished cotton, antique satin, silk and moiré. If you want the bedroom to receive a certain amount of sunlight during the day, you also need to equip it with a blackout cloth.
2. Available in sleep-friendly color combinations. If the color is too deep, it will make people feel depressed after a long time; if the color is too bright, it is not good, because it will cause visual fatigue and make people feel irritable after a long time. Choose natural and fresh colors such as light green and light blue, which can make people feel happy; people who are prone to insomnia can try to choose red, purple, blue, or black curtains to help them fall asleep as soon as possible.
Usually use a vacuum cleaner or a feather duster to remove dust. Clean it every three months or half a year, and be careful not to shake it dry to avoid deformation. It is best to take it to a dry cleaner for cleaning.
Finally, I hope that everyone can choose the curtains that they like and are suitable for.